Hiding in the Shadows
No-one knows I'm here...
Thursday, September 30, 2010

Last Chance...

I thought you were better than this... I certainly never thought you'd even contemplate doing this to me. I mean, how could you? I thought I meant more to you than this...

The dodgy websites, I don't like, but I can handle. But lying to me about it? Lying again when I've asked, as it didn't sound to believable, lying some more... Lying until I found out the truth. That's what's hurt the most. So many chances you had to tell me the truth, and it took me looking through your browser history on your PC to find out the truth, and the extent of your lies. No wonder you wanted to drop the whole subject when I found those pics on your phone. You wern't embarrassed cos it was the only time it'd happened, you were embarrassed I'd found out, and scared I'd find out the rest.

So this is it. I've given you all the chances and more to 'fess up about any other little secrets or lies you might have gotten away with so far. Cos if I find anything out now, we're done. You may think you can get away with a little white lie some time from now. You may think I'll never find out, or it's too small a lie to count. But I will found out. I've proved that I'll keep on digging until I find the truth. And whatever it's about, no matter how small, it'll be the end to us. It'll kill me to lose you - you're my best friend as well as my partner. I've never 'connected' so well with anyone before, and I feel like my heart is missing whenever you're not around. But I will not, cannot, be with someone I don't trust. And the hurt it'll cause in breaking up with you, will be nothing compared to you lying to me through our relationship.

My head was yelling at me last night to finish it there and then. Lying to me over and over this time is once too far. I mean, what's to stop you doing it again? What else have you lied about, and still not told me, thinking you've gotten away with it. But no. This time, I've listened to my heart, though it was touch and go for a while which way I was leaning. The past 10 months we've had together have been amazing, and, as stupid and naive as this may be, I do believe you've never actually cheated on me, or sent so much as a flirty/dirty text to anyone else while we've been together.
You best be the other side of the world if I ever find out you have though...


So, this is your last chance. Don't make me regret it, cos boy, it'll be the last thing you ever do...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]