Hiding in the Shadows
No-one knows I'm here...
Saturday, September 19, 2009

Millions of men....

....and not one of them is interested.

I may have re-freshed my old dating profile on a well-known dating website.... Sad, maybe, desperate, probably, curious, definately. What can I say, I want to have a flirt, exchange some compliments, and possibly meet some fit hunky bloke to sweep me off my feet and live happily ever after. If all that fails, a good shag will suffice. It worked back when I was 19, I met some good friends, some fuck buddies, and even dated a few of them. So why not try it again 5 years on?

I've already found a flaw in my plan though. Me.

I've sent quite a few emails to guys who look gorgeous, and have a written personality CV that Shakespeare would be proud of. I've winked at others who are just way too gorgeous to be anywhere near in my league. I've had a total of...... 1 reply, and that was to tell me he's been seeing someone on the site for a couple of weeks, so isn't completely available anymore. Well at least he's honest, but that's not the point. So what's so wrong with me? My photo is seductively sexy whilst not slutty, my profile shows I'm a lady with a tom-boy side, I'm funny, intelligent blah blah blah..... So why no replies?! I keep telling myself that it's because the guys I'm contacting haven't signed up, so don't have the privilege of replying to emails and the like. Surely this can't be the case for all of them though....??

I'd do dating the old fashion way - see someone in a bar/club etc, get talking etc etc, but considering my still ever-present dislike of the way I look, I just don't have the confidence to pull it off without looking like a shy twit. I am planning a night out with an old girlfriend, so maybe I'll be surprised, but I'm not holding my breath.

Until then, I guess I'll keep emailing/winking/viewing unobtainable guys that will never take a chance on me. They don't know what they're missing!!





Or maybe they do.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]