Hiding in the Shadows
No-one knows I'm here...
Monday, October 29, 2007

*shakes fist at sods law*

I hope you're being straight with me, and not making up some intricate story to get out of it. I know that making up a story of your uncle being in hospital with cancer would be a harsh, shameful lie to tell, but still. I can't help being just a little bit sceptical, giving that this will be the third time you've cancelled us meeting up.
Not only that, but you have 'man flu' as well. Now I know you're not lying about that, I've heard you on the phone, and no-one is that good at pretending to be that ill. But instead of going to see your uncle as you said you intended, you've stayed home, claiming that your too ill to see him, in case you give him your germs. Well that makes sense. But if you weren't ill, would you have gone, and is it actually real?
I don't know... I feel quite bad even thinking that you could make something like that up, but I know the lengths people will go to, making up elaborate, fictional just to make them more believable.
So, again, I spent the weekend with nothing to do. Well, you're going to have to wait for another chance. I have plans for the next two weekends, and I'm not changing them. I know you hear the cynicism in my voice when we talk. I don't care. Like I told you, I'd rather not be optimistic so there is no chance of disappointment.

It'd be nice to meet up before Christmas, but the way things are going, I'm not holding my breath...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]