Hiding in the Shadows
No-one knows I'm here...
Wednesday, October 17, 2007

So lets see where this goes...

I'm giving you one last chance. You tell me that's things are defiantly over now. No chance of getting back together at all. I believe you, as you've always been upfront and honest with me, and I respect and appreciate that more than you could imagine.
We were supposed to meet up this weekend. I was going to come over, and we'd have a quiet night in, to chill out, and get to know each other better. You postponed that for next weekend instead, saying it was too soon after finishing with your ex. That I can understand completely. What was sweet though was this...

...it’s not because I’m unsure, none of that...it’s simply because it feels like something any old bloke could & would do..& it just feels wrong...(on you as much as anyone... in fact, MAINLY on you!!) – I want a new start with you... with no ghosts... so that it’s YOU and it’s ME & there’s nothing remaining from this crappy relationship I’ve been in...

That was something that I wasn't expecting. You seem to actually care enough to be thinking of my feelings, and I'm not used to that. You always seem to say just the right thing... I guess I'm a sucker for that.

So, we'll see how this goes. Next weekend we'll meet up at last, and we'll chill out and see what happens. I'm nervous, for obvious reasons. But the one thing that reassures me the most, is that nothing is expected from it all. I don't feel like you're just inviting me over for one thing. I trust you completely, and I know your intentions are honourable. Some people may say I'm being naive saying that before we've even met, but I feel like I've known you for years.

I'll tell you one thing for nothing though... If you break my heart, you'll have to surgically remove your testicles from your throat...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]