Hiding in the Shadows
No-one knows I'm here...
Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Time to get serious

I bought some bathroom scales on Saturday. Bad idea, yet good at the same time. Bad, because I've found out exactly how much I weigh, and it's about a stone more than I thought. I'm horrified... Good because it has shocked me into actually doing something about it.
Now, I'm not going to go all out with the salad diets and going to the gym 6 times a week. Firstly, I like nice food too much to give it up, and secondly, I can't afford the gym membership. I'm just going to cut out all the snacking - the crisps on my break at work, the chocolate while i'm at my desk, and the occasional snacking on coco-pops while watching tv in the evening. Instead of the gym, I'll be making more of an effort with that dance DVD. At least twice a week would be good. The DVD does say 3 times a week for 45 mins. Well, I'll start small and work up. There's no rush to this weight loss thing, and besides, I'm unfit - 45 mins would kill me off completely. As long as I can see that number on the scales going down gradually, I'll be happy. I'll be content. I'll keep it up.
The adverts and slogans say to get a bikini body by summer. Well, I'll get mine, but will aim for next summer. Next summer will be known as my bikini summer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]