Hiding in the Shadows
No-one knows I'm here...
Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Can't take anymore...

I don't quite know what's happened, but suddenly, I'm struggling to cope with things. I can't stand my job anymore. I've been thinking of leaving for a few months now, but it's always been more 'if something turns up...'. Now, it's more 'I need something else so I can get out of here...'. It's not just the job itself that's getting to me, it's the awful shift patterns, meaning I don't see J at all through the week. When I've been at work all day, and we've been extra busy because we're understaffed, all I want is to see him, get a cuddle, and talk about nonsence. But if I'm on late shifts, he's usually in bed when I get home. If I'm on earlies, he doesn't get home til late, by which time I have to go to bed early. It's horrible. Especially as things are so good between us.
I just want to be somewhere 9-5. Would make things so much easier. Problem is, that any other customer service roles don't pay as much as here, due to our shift allowance. I'd choose another job, something not cust.service, but this is all I've ever done, and I believe I'm damn good at it. I've had enough though. I don't want to be dealing with customers anymore. I want something different. Just wish I knew what the something was, and how to get it.
Right now I feel like curling up and balling my eyes out. It's taking me all my effort not to walk out of work right now, but I know that'd be a really stupid thing to do. Grin and bear it for now, and search like hell for another job. That's all I can do...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]